PayPal Buyer Protection
Shop with peace of mind - your purchase is protected by PayPal Buyer Protection. If your item arrives damaged, significantly different than described, or not at all, you may be able to recover your payments. And this protection is available to you FOR FREE!
What kinds of purchases are covered by PayPal Buyer Protection?
- Claims made must be for physical goods that can be shipped
- Purchase was made with PayPal as a payment method
- Full price of item was paid in one single amount via PayPal
- Your PayPal account must be in "good standing"
What's not covered?
- All vehicles
- Licenses and access to digital content
- Airline flight tickets
- Real estate
- Businesses for sale
- Prohibited items on the "PayPal Acceptable Use Policy"
Learn more about eligible purchases, requirements, and exclusions at the PayPal website.
How does PayPal Buyer Protection work on Buya?
- Purchase an eligible item from a Buya seller and check out using PayPal.
- If your item doesn't arrive or is very different from the description on Buya, file a dispute through the PayPal Resolution Center. Your dispute must be filed with 45 days of the payment date.
- Communicate with the seller directly and try to resolve the dispute together with. Buya may also be able to help you resolve the situation quickly.
- If your dispute cannot be resolved with the seller, you can escalate your dispute into a claim. The claim must be filed within 20 days of filing the initial dispute with PayPal.
- PayPal will make a decision on your claim and if they decide in your favor, they will credit your account with the full purchase price including shipping costs.
To learn more about PayPal Buyer Protection, including terms and conditions as well as important details about filing a dispute, please visit the PayPal Buyer Protection page.